The teachers in Year 2 for 2018/19 are Miss Boardman, Miss Anger & Miss Oldridge.
Our Year 2 page will help you keep up to date with all the exciting things that your children are learning at school. We will be adding photos of your children learning, pieces of work that children have being doing and giving information about upcoming topics.
PE will take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 2A and 2B.
Tuesdays and Wednesdays will be 2O’s PE days.
Homework will be set every Friday and is due back the following Wednesday.
Spelling tests will occur on Mondays with new spellings being sent home every Tuesday.
Thank you for your continued support.
End of year expectations
These statements provide an outline of what is expected of your child at the end of the academic year. Please note that they reflect the higher expectations outlined by the new National Curriculum.
- Secure with year group phonic expectations.
- Recognise simple recurring literary language.
- Read ahead to help with fluency and expression.
- Comment on plot, setting & characters in familiar & unfamiliar stories.
- Recount main themes and events.
- Comment on structure of the text.
- Use commas, question marks and exclamation marks to vary expression.
- Read aloud with expression and intonation.
commas in lists
apostrophe of omission and possession (singular noun)
- Identify past/present tense and why the writer has used a tense.
- Use content and index to locate information.
- Write different kinds of sentence: statement, question, exclamation, command.
- Use expanded noun phrases to add description and specification.
- Write using subordination (when, if, that, because) and co-ordination (or, and, but).
- Correct and consistent use of present tense & past tense.
- Correct use of verb tenses.
- Write with correct and consistent use of:
- Use commas in a list.
- Use apostrophe to mark omission and singular possession in nouns.
- Write under headings.
- Write lower case letters correct size relative to one another.
- Show evidence of diagonal and horizontal strokes to join handwriting.
- Compare and order numbers up to 100 and use < > =.
- Read and write all numbers to 100 in digits & words.
- Say 10 more/less than any number to 100.
- Count in steps of 2, 3 & 5 from zero and in 10s from any number (forwards and backwards).
- Recall and use multiplication & division facts for 2, 5 & 10 tables.
- Recall and use +/- facts to 20.
- Derive and use related facts to 100.
- Recognise place value of any 2-digit number.
- Add & subtract:
2-digit nos & ones
2-digit nos & tens
Two 2-digit nos
Three 1-digit nos
- Recognise and use inverse (+/-).
- Calculate and write multiplication & division calculations using multiplication tables.
- Recognise, find, name and write 1/3; 1/4; 2/4; 3/4.
- Write and recognise equivalence of simple fractions.
- Tell time to five minutes, including quarter past/to.