At Parkside we aim to further our pupils' cultural development so that they have:
- Understanding and appreciation of the wide range of cultural influences that have shaped their own heritage and that of others.
- Understanding and appreciation of the range of different cultures in the school and further afield as an essential element of their preparation for life in modern Britain.
- Ability to recognise, and value, the things we share in common across cultural, religious, ethnic and socio-economic communities.
- Knowledge of Britain’s democratic parliamentary system and its central role in shaping our history and values, and in continuing to develop Britain.
- Willingness to participate in and respond positively to artistic, musical, sporting and cultural opportunities.
- Interest in exploring, improving understanding of and showing respect for different faiths and cultural diversity and the extent to which they understand, accept, respect and celebrate diversity. This is shown by their respect and attitudes towards different religious, ethnic and socio-economic groups in the local, national and global communities.